Introduce yourself here

• 13/09/2019 at 1:09 pm #46828
      Amelia Disspain
      Participant

HI! I am Amelia, your course administrator and tutor. I trained with and taught for Bianca and Simon for many years and am here to support you in your online study.
      If you’d like to, introduce yourself here and tell me and your fellow students a little about yourself and your yoga journey.
      Id love to get to know you!

• 18/09/2019 at 4:56 am #46915
      Michael Reith
      Participant

Hello, Michael here, off to the Bali training very soon (looking forward to meeting everyone and taking this knowledge and practice to a new height) – based in Scotland, been studying/practicing Yoga since 2012 and originally graduated on my first TTC back in 2016 – teaching since 2017 and looking to expand my teaching – hence signing up onto the Yoga Synergy adventure :)!

• 22/09/2019 at 8:53 am #46993
      Rachal Van Wyk
      Participant

Hi there, Rachal from Darwin, Australia writing to you only hours before I board my flight to Denpasar, which i am really excited about. I was first introduced to Iyengar Yoga in 1999 and have been exploring and discovering new practices ever since. My current career within the Arts and Festival sector has been a blast and I want to take my practice out to the communities I surround myself in. i have a background and also trained as a Cert 4 Mat Pilates teacher a few years ago to assist me to manage a previous injury and to lead circus performers with safe warm ups before performances. I am really open to re-learn and incorporate new ways of thinking, living, breathing and safely moving our bodies in movement to help individuals and groups live more connected with one another. Safe journeys everyone. I am looking forward to meeting you all soon 🙂 Rach

• 04/10/2019 at 11:22 pm #47391
      Stefan Camilleri
      Participant

Hey guys!

I’m Stefan originally from Melbourne and now based mostly in Sri Lanka. I’ve been teaching and studying yoga full time since 2014, and only studied synergy yoga for the first time recently, and loved it. I’m here to learn learn learn before heading to Goa in Feb and doing the 200hr. Cant wait!

• 06/10/2019 at 8:35 pm #47393
      Safaa Serieddine
      Participant

Hello,
      Im Safaa, Ive been practicing yoga since one year,as self learner, I`ve been reading yoga books and yoga anatomy books, I am looking to learn everything again from the beginning with Synergy Yoga and understand every thing more on scientific base…in a hope of teaching my kids modern yoga.
      For now I finished Topic 1 and excited with what I found here.
      Thank you very much.

• 08/10/2019 at 12:06 am #47398
      Ana Bem Bizjan
      Participant

Dear ALL!

My name is Ana and I first got to know Yoga in the end of my highschool years when I started having back pain (I am tall as hell). My mom introduced me to some basic exercises and poses that showed me that through regular practice I will reduce my problems to a minimum. And I have. Now I practice regulary, more intensly over the last two years, also living in India (for 6 months), and want to use the Goa Teacher training as one of the core experiences that will build on my dream lifestyle. I am co creating a community house in Slovenia, with a focus on sustainable living, where this practice will sit perfectly. I cannot wait to expand in all aspects, as a person and a teacher.

Ana

• 11/11/2019 at 12:12 pm #48122
      Jessica Charnley
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I’m very late adding to this group but my name is Jess and I’m a physiotherapist student from Newcastle, Australia. Yoga is my true love and passion. My story is similar to Simon and Bianca’s where they wanted to learn more about the human body as yoga teachers. I first started teaching Hatha style yoga in 2015 but found myself always searching for more information into how the body worked and moved, which led me to study physio. So when I stumbled over the Yoga Synergy philosophy I immediately connected with the practice. Cannot wait to attend the Teacher training in Goa, 2020 experience India for the first time, expand my knowledge and personal practice, meet some new faces and practice yoga everyday!!

Jess

• 21/11/2019 at 11:16 am #48232
      Laurel Schut
      Participant

Hi all,

My name is Laurel and I am a teacher in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I completed my YTT in Ottawa, Canada in 2013 and have been teaching since then.

I had an opportunity to meet Simon and Biana in 2011 when I completed an international exchange to the University of Sydney, so it’s neat to come full circle to study with them again 🙂

I am excited to further develop my anatomy and physiology knowledge over the course of the next few weeks.

Laurel

• 24/11/2019 at 2:51 am #48256
      Francesca Maniglio
      Participant

My name is francesca maniglio. I am the founder and director of YIS yoga in salento retreat center in South Italy. I practice yoga since 1999. My fiurst class wass with Jivamuktu yoga founder David Life. I teach since 2009, I completed two ashtanga vinyasa yoga TT with Giuliano Vecchié in Bologna Italy from 2007 t0 2009 and a TT with John Scott in 2014. I was blessed with the opportunity of followin Simon Borg Olivier TT last May. It changed drastically my way of teaching and practicing.

• 24/11/2019 at 2:55 am #48257
      Martina Fontana
      Participant

My name is Martina and I am a Fashion Designer with a big
      passion for Yoga.
      I had an opportunity to meet Simon and Jennifer last May in Salento- Italy for 200H TT and later on in Barcellona last August.

I’m very happy to meet Synergy Yoga in my Life.

Martina

• 01/12/2019 at 6:54 am #48487
      Susan Van der Ham
      Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Suus and I’m a Dutch girl who has been lucky enough to live in Sydney for four years. This is also where my yoga journey has started and was told by my teacher about Bianca and Simon. With a hip injury, yoga seemed the only way I could move my body in a safe way. Starting my yoga journey I always thought that I could not be a yoga teacher because I’m not flexible enough and wasn’t able to do poses because of my hip. I have now learned that because of my injury and my stiff body I was forced to slow down and stop looking around to see if I was the best in the class. I would literally cheer myself on in child pose. To have started my online course now and going to Italy in 2020 is something I’m very excited about and I feel very grateful.

Love,

Suus

• 01/12/2019 at 5:12 pm #48488
      Jess Ossington
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      My name is Jess Ossington and I’m from Sydney. I’ve been practicing yoga for just over a year now at Yoga Synergy in Newtown. I’ve tried other studios and styles over the years but never really connected with the teachings as I have with Yoga Synergy.
      I’m currently studying Ayurveda and a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) whilst working full time in Music Publishing.
      I’m really looking forward to teaching training in Goa in 2020. I’m hoping to develop my own yoga practice and learn the skills to be able to teach other people. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone else doing the Goa teacher training.

• 11/12/2019 at 4:43 am #48567
      Scott Arnott
      Participant

Hello, Scott here. I’m based in London and have been practicing yoga for about 6 years. The last 3 years, I have focussed on Ashtanga. I’ve undertaken Ashtanga based TT and teach on a regular basis. I met Simon very briefly in the UK and loved the movement and versatility of the Yoga Synergy practice and am looking forward to expanding my knowledge and experience in Goa.

• 21/12/2019 at 11:16 pm #48731
      Eliya Brown
      Participant

Hello everyone!!
      My name is Eliya and I can’t wait to attend the Goa 2020 teacher training 🙂
      My yoga journey started 9 years ago, but only in 2015 following a car accident who led to Type 1 Diabetes I started realize that there are connections.. body and soul
      Than I started to deepen my practice, change my lifestyle to get healthier and happier.
      This course was one of my experiences goals and I’m so excited!!!!!!
      Thank you Universe for this opportunity <3

• 30/12/2019 at 11:57 am #48834
      Lincoln Le
      Participant

Hello everyone!
      My name is Linx and I will be attending the 2020 Goa teacher training! Very excited for the course and can’t wait to get immersed. I have just started the online studies, but will be focusing through January.

I have always dabbled in various yoga classes, but I had a consistent practice in Bali where I discovered Ashtanga yoga. These days I mainly practice at home. I have a background in dance and enjoy all things active like bouldering, acrobatics, fitness training. I am looking to deepen my practice and learn more about yoga in its entirety.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Goa!

• 03/01/2020 at 6:40 am #48882
      John Butler
      Participant

Hi my name is John, after watching Simon on You tube I was inspired to start my Yoga journey. I saw many things in Simon’s Yoga that appealed to me, following a history in Martial Arts. I decided to start my online journey in 2017 after purchasing the Elements videos. I always wanted to take my learning further so decided to join the online course advanced yoga fundamentals. I also want to challenge myself and grow.
      I have much to learn in all areas. I’m very excited to learn and gain knowledge.
      I look forward to the journey and hopefully chatting with some of you soon.

• 04/01/2020 at 12:03 am #48902
      Barbara Westerlin
      Participant

Hi,
      My name is Barbara. I have been practicing yoga for +5 years. It seems as the longer I practice, the less I know! I am super grateful for this opportunity to tap into Simons and Bianca’s vast experience and wisdom.
      In particular, I am enthusiastic about getting a deeper understanding (and experience) with turning the practice inwards, connecting and controlling my subtle energy better,- and also to make sure my practice is safe and sustainable for many years to come. 🙂

Happy to be here. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

• 06/01/2020 at 8:54 pm #48957
      Bianca Niesper
      Participant

Hello everybody,
      Im Bianca from Switzerland and i have been practicing Yoga on and off for 3 years now. Sadly i never established a regular practice yet, but trying too. I did an intense course in Malaysia and a 200hours teachers training in rishikesh last year. Other than that i did mostly homepractice. Im super excited about Yoga synergy because it resonates exactly with my understanding of healthy movement in prevention and rehabilitation as a Physiotherapist as i work with all different people and all different ages. It is great to get such profound knowledge and i hope to be able to attend a teachers training in 2021.

I`m wishing everyone an amazing journey, and happy to connect with you all!

• 06/01/2020 at 10:12 pm #48958
      Clare Young
      Participant

Hi Everyone!

I’m Clare, from country Western Australia, and living abroad between India and Thailand for the last little while. I’ve been teaching for a few years now, and am super grateful to have come across Yoga Synergy- it makes a lot of sense to me and answers many of the questions/concerns I had. Its also helping me with some yoga related injuries, which is reason enough for me!
      Really excited to head to Goa in February for further study, cant wait to meet you guys there 🙂

• 28/01/2020 at 1:20 am #49212
      Robin Mydlak
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I’m Robin, technically from Germany, but living in the Horn of Africa. Thanks to Yoga Synergy for making me feel more safe in my practice, and for offering online courses when time for a full teacher training is not yet available.
      All best to everyone here!

• 28/01/2020 at 1:21 am #49213
      Robin Mydlak
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I’m Robin, technically from Germany, but living in the Horn of Africa. Thanks to Yoga Synergy for making me feel safer in my practice, and for offering online courses when time for a full teacher training is not yet available.
      All best to everyone here!

• 02/02/2020 at 9:25 am #49361
      Tong Rogers
      Participant

Hi Everyone, I am Tong from UK. I have been interested in yoga for a long time, and have taken yoga classes, practiced with videos and read various books. I feel it is time to undertake a holistic and structured training, in order to fully appreciate the benefits of yoga and to gain more insight. I watched some online videos of Simon practicing yoga, and I think his integration of scientific study and traditional wisdom really brings yoga to the modern age. I will be joining the Salento training in May and look forward to this amazing journey. Due to my busy work schedule, I have been slow in making progress on the online study, but will put focus on it now. Great to read your stories and good luck to everyone!

• 07/02/2020 at 5:15 am #49493
      Jennifer Young
      Participant

Hi, I’m Jennifer Young from Washington, DC, USA. I’m doing my best to support change makers and creatives here to stay healthy, inspired, empowered, encouraged and joyful to handle their hard work in the world.

I came to be a yoga teacher from a 10 year career as a personal physical trainer. Upon completion of my 200-hour training, my teacher told me that I have the physical down now it is time to go deeper into the spiritual. Boy, did I.

It has been an incredible decade of growth and learning–mostly from my students. I come to this course because my own knowledge was feeling limited. It’s a bit uncomfortable to be in this liminal space but I’m excited to learn something new that can help me and my students.

Thank you!

• 12/02/2020 at 3:41 pm #49600
      Sophie Eddy
      Participant

Hi, I am Sophie from Sydney. I am fortunate enough to live very close to the Yoga Synergy studio in Newtown and started my practice 10 years ago. My practice had a pause period while my 2 children were small and I reconnected with yoga about 6 years ago. I have tried one or two other studios but have always loved the Synergy method and it was originally recommended to my by a physiotherapist friend to help with some back/neck issues I was having. I have loved being part of the Synergy community in Newtown and wanted to deepen my understanding and practice so I will be doing teacher training in Bali in September/October 2020.

• 27/02/2020 at 10:00 pm #49985
      Louise Lor
      Participant

Hi, I’m Louise from Sydney. I’ve practiced yoga on an off a variety of styles (intitially Iyengar, later Astanga, Vinyasa and Ki). About 5 years ago I had the opportunity for regular yoga practice in Bondi (prior to becoming a Mum). Significantly I finally took up home practice at this time (and still do). I have since moved out of area and have attended other yoga schools in the meantime but always hoped to do this course.

Now seems like the right time. It’s taken a while.
      Looking forward to it moving through it!

• 12/03/2020 at 8:54 pm #50229

Hello! I´m Marcos from Spain. I already did almost all the study and practice part but did´t comment on forums and the exams, so its about time to do it! Looking forward to keep learning from you guys and apply for a TT

• 23/03/2020 at 12:45 am #50487
      Sinclair Smith
      Participant

Hello everyone 🙂

My name is Sinclair, from South-Africa/Switzerland.

I have been teaching for a few years now and Synergy is the suite of my yogic adventures (after thorough Ashtanga Vinyasa, meditation and various practices from Kaivalyadham).

I will be in Bali in September too.

Looking forward to meet you !

Namaste

• 24/03/2020 at 11:20 pm #50530
      Astrid Füllemann
      Participant

Hi, I’m Astrid from Switzerland.

I did my 200 hrs YTT last november with Stefan Camilleri in Sri Lanka which was influenced by synergy Yoga. I really enjoyed the different, save approach. I did a few weeks of teaching after this at a surfcamp in Sri Lanka.

I’m looking forward to deepen my practice with the online training, share with you guys and my lovely friends Sophie and Anine who are joining aswell 🙂

• 27/03/2020 at 8:34 am #50581
      Eren Guney
      Participant

hello from portland, oregon

my name is eren and i have on & off been practicing yoga for the last handful of years. fortunate to have found a studio i went to nearly every day where universal yoga was the lineage being taught / practiced. after taking up various (rigorous) manual labor jobs i fell out of consistency – and it was during my most recent stint doing construction i found a podcast interview with simon. from there on (back in november) i have been absorbing what i could from his words, videos, etc.
      it was only a matter of time before i arrived to this point, so here i am!

i certainly hope to meet in person some day, but having access to this resource is profoundly appreciated… thank you for this.

warmth,
      e.

• 06/04/2020 at 3:45 pm #51056
      Vera Kals
      Participant

Hi, my name is Vera, and I have done Yoga myself for a few years now, and completed my 200YTT in India last September. Í have been teaching for a few weeks this year and realized that I want to work on fully teaching Yoga in the future.
      I am excited to learn about how to practice (and teach how to practice) in a healthy and safe way in more depth in this course. For me, especially the anatomy and physiology aspects are very often taught rather superficially, hence I am happy to cover these topics in this course.
      All the best, Vera

• This reply was modified 1 day, 1 hour ago by Vera Kals.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.