What you will learn
This 3 hour seminar literally turns upside down many common myths and misconceptions about nutrition, diet and exercise. The yogic art of being content to eat less than normal, while enhancing health and longevity will be explained. Highly recommended for all yoga teachers and practitioners, and anyone interested in living a longer and healthier life.
Physiotherapist and yoga teacher Simon Borg-Olivier explains in simple terms:
- How what you eat directly affects the way you breathe
- That learning how to comfortably breathe less than normal (pranayama) eventually allows you to comfortably eat less than normal
- That the only diet that has been scientifically proven to increase lifespan is the ‘calorie reduction’ or ‘eat less’ diet
- That eating less can mean eating less volume of food or less concentration of food
- Eating less is only viable if it is completely without negative physical or emotional side effects, and how to achieve this with simple yogic techniques
- How balancing your diet with your breathing can improve circulation, increase mobility, increase energy, help calm your nerves, reduce asthma, reduce arthritis, improve your concentration and help you think more clearly
- The dangers of eating many common foods and the benefits of eating many relatively unknown foods along with some forgotten methods of food preparation
- That by making your diet more alkaline (e.g. by eating more fruit and vegetables) you can improve your breathing (i.e. comfortably learn how breathe less, like an experienced athlete) and exercise, relax and meditate more easily
Saturday, 27 May 2015, 12.30 – 3.30pm
Hugh Bamford Reserve Hall, North Bondi.
Please arrive 15 minutes before class start time.
How to Book:
Cost $55 (GST included)
To book please call Yoga Synergy (02) 9389 7399. Bookings are essential as there are a limited number of spaces.
Yoga Synergy members may book online.
About the teacher
Simon Borg-Olivier MSc BAppSc (Physiotherapy) is a physiotherapist and is director of Yoga Synergy. For 25 years he has been teaching and researching on yoga science and nutrition throughout the world. Simon teaches a unique synthesis of ancient yogic wisdom with modern medical science.