BREATH CONTROL: PRANAYAMA WORKSHOP
Learn four (4) simple breathing exercises to
energise and revitalise you physically, mentally
Learn to slip into ‘the zone’ or the ‘flow state’
ONLINE WORKSSHOP WITH SIMON BORG-OLIVIER
This Online Workshop will teach you four (4) simple breathing exercises that can truly energise you. These exercises are some of the unique ways to get more energy by doing less than you usually do – by breathing less than you typically do! But in a focused and relaxing way.
Learn how to avoid common breathing problems like locking your core, inhibiting your diaphragm, and stressful over-breathing (hyperventilation) which can reduce the flow of oxygen to your brain and your cells. Avoid overstimulating your sympathetic nervous system (the flight, fight and fear response’).
Learn how to increase your energy levels, optimise the function of your internal organs, bring your subconscious out of a state of anxiety and fear.
In the class, I will clearly explain:
- How to clean your lungs but increase carbon dioxide in your body and why this is important
- How to use your diaphragm more effectively and why this is important
Increasing carbon dioxide in your body with these exercises will:
- Bring more blood to your brain and heart by expanding your blood vessels (vasodilation)
- Allow more oxygen to enter your body via your lungs by expanding your bronchial tubes (bronchodilation)Increase oxygen uptake into your cells, which can increase your energy levels by 18 times
- Calm your nervous system Increase your digestion of food, absorption of nutrients, and the elimination of wastes and toxins
Enhancing the activity of your diaphragm may help to:
- Relieve lower back pain Increase the flexibility of your spineImprove the power of your trunk Improve the health of your digestive system Improve the health of your immune system
- Help to reduce anxiety and stress by allowing you to more easily access a dominance of your parasympathetic nervous system (your ‘rest, relaxation, rejuvenation and regeneration response’)”
Are you trying to Quit smoking?
If you are a smoker, these exercises can help you quit smoking as they have the same calming effect as cigarettes.
About the Teacher
Hi, I'm Simon Borg-Olivier, Physiotherapist and Co-Director of Yoga Synergy.
I have been a student of traditional forms of posture, movement, breathing and mental control for more than 50 years. I have worked as a research-based scientist, exercise-based physiotherapist and a university lecturer in several science fields. My passion for these subjects has led me to understand that the world is a very connected place.
I believe that to make the world a better place people should treat each other, all life and the Earth itself in a way that acknowledges the connections between everything. I believe the best way of beginning this practise is to acknowledge and enhance the connections within yourself.
I hope you enjoy this Online Workshop.
Read more about Simon
I give thanks for my traditional teachers from Tibet, Japan India, and China and my amazing teachers from the Western scientific world.
You may also be interested…
Breathe - Intro to Pranayama contains a breathing lecture and then 15 short lessons going through very basic breathing exercise - all without any muscular contractions to do with bandha. These sequences include breathing with ...
- Inhalation emphasis
- Exhalation emphasis
- Emphasis on hold the breath in
- Emphasis on hold the breath out
- Combinations of the above breaths
- How to use the 12 bridges between conscious and unconscious
Try a FREE Lecture or Enrol here.
with Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss
Yoga Synergy usually runs many workshops around the world.
Due to the current circumstances Simon and Bianca are planning to run more online workshops.
We would greatly appreciate your feedback to know what kinds of Online Workshops you are interested in.
Register your interest below and we'll keep in touch about our upcoming workshops covering:
Ashtanga Vinyasa, Therapy, Flow, Breath Control, Meditation and more.