Your Privacy is Important to us!
Yoga Synergy is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who shops or interacts with us, and this policy sets out our commitment to your privacy. We take this responsibility seriously and ensure that we comply with our obligations under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 whenever your personal information is collected, used or shared.
Our commitment to you –
Yoga Synergy will:
- always use fair and lawful means of collecting your information, and in most circumstances collect your information directly from you;
- handle your information securely and carefully, and only use your information if necessary to deliver you a service, or perform other necessary business functions and activities;
- not use your information for purposes unrelated to our services without first obtaining your consent; and
- when possible give you the option of interacting anonymously with us, if practicable and lawful to do so.
- DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
- YOUR CHOICES
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. DATA WE COLLECT
- Name, contact details and the nature of your enquiry via our ‘Contact Us’ forms
- Name and contact details if you sign up for our email newsletter
- Name and contact details if you request an ebook or further information for example teacher training workshops
- IP Address/MAC address when you use the website.
What other personal information we collect will depend on the service or interaction, but may include name, address, phone and other contact details, purchase information, and method of payment and delivery.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect transaction information such as what your areas of interest are.
When you create an account; place an order or make a return or exchange; inquire about our Services; request emails from us about our offerings; opt-in to marketing activities; receive a gift from someone else who purchases through our website; follow us or submit information, including photographs, via third-party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.); enter a contest or participate in a marketing survey; or submit other information to us directly or through third-party services, you are asked to provide personal information that uniquely identifies you.
We collect the following types of personal information: your contact information (such as name, postal or email address, or phone number), birthdate, name and email address of gift card recipients, username and password, payment information such as credit or debit card details, shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number), purchase history, shopping preferences (such as an interest in a particular product category), information about your age, information you provide by interacting with us through social media, and photographs that you submit on our sites or through our social media channels.
You don’t have to provide any information that directly identifies you to browse our website. However, we will ask you to provide certain personal information as necessary to provide you with requested products and services, complete the relevant transaction, or, if you wish, to avail of special features or functions of our website.
Data we automatically get from you
We and our analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyse trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather non-sensitive demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual or aggregate basis. Further information is contained below.
Analytics & Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. When you visit our websites, we automatically collect the following types of information: information about the device you use to access the Internet (such as the internet protocol (IP) address, internet service provider (ISP) or mobile carrier, proxy server, device type, browser and add-ons, and operating system), referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, information on your shopping behaviour on our website (e.g., page views, paths you take through our websites, etc.), general geographic location information (e.g., country or city) that shows where you are when browsing our websites, and search terms that you enter to reach our websites or enter on our websites to find products. We utilize analytics services and log files to help us track the efficacy of our websites, help us learn more about our customers’ and visitors’ shopping behaviour, and for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. We may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes.
Social Media Features.
Some of our websites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, the “share this” widget, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
2. HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
How we use your data
We use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services. How we use your personal information will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. We use the information that we have about you to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, our Services (including promotions) so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others. When providing direct services, advertising or marketing, or performing security, administrative, or customer service activities, we may use the information we collect in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
Providing Direct Services
- complete a sales transaction, including to process and track website orders;
- provide products and services that you request;
- enable subscription services or activations, like downloadable content; and/or
- administer rebates or extended service agreements.
Advertising and Marketing
- send you email updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- manage your participation in events and sweepstakes;
- communicate with you about our products and services, and to customise our communications with you, including by identifying preferences you provide to us;
- analyse your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility and to tailor our online content to you;
- publish customer testimonials or photos;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website or social media channels;
- facilitate your acceptance of offers made by our third-party marketing partners;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- to send follow-up communications thanking your for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- register and manage your account;
- administer our membership products
- track the efficacy of our website and help us learn more about our visitors’ and customers’ shopping behavior; and/or
- improve our website experience.
protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
Customer Service Activities
- provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve customer experiences;
- provide status updates on your order;
- provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased; and/or
- enable you to communicate with us through social networks or other interactive media.
2.2 How we share your data
If you accept an offer from any of our third-party marketing partners, we will share your contact information with that specific third party, in accordance with the terms of the offer. If you have previously requested that your personal information not be shared with third parties, but then later consent by accepting a third-party marketing offer available through our website, we will share your contact information with that specific third-party, in accordance with the terms of the offer.
Direct Marketing and Do Not Track Signals
We do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
In the event we become aware that the security of the sites has been compromised or users’ personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with data protection and law enforcement authorities.
We may need to share your data when we believe it’s required by law or to help protect the rights and safety of you, us or others. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; or (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service. We attempt to notify customers about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order, or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
2.3 Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We are based in Australia. Our servers are located in Australia and in the USA. We use Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Woocommerce and related WordPress plugins which are based in the USA. However adequate safeguards are in place as these organisations are certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or have standard contractual clauses in place.
2.4 How long do we keep your personal data for?
If you purchase goods or services from us, we will keep your data for 7 years.
If you make an enquiry, we will keep your data for 12 months once we’ve answered your enquiry unless you’ve chosen to become a customer or joined our email list.
If you are on our email marketing list, you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, but we will keep your personal data in a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident.
2.5 Data Controller
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Yoga Synergy Pty Ltd is the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
3. YOUR CHOICES
Rights to access and control your personal information
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile to advertising opt-outs and communication controls.
- If you have registered for an account, you can access, review and manage many changes yourself via the customer Dashboard. Within the Dashboard, you can do things like update your profile information and change your communication preferences.
Opting out of communications
We offer you choices about how to manage how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail.You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of the emails you receive or by making a request via our contact us page. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status).
- You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the website. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here:
- Updating Your Profile.You may update or correct your personal information related to your account through your My Account page or by contacting Customer Support via our contact us page. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, then please contact us via our contact us page. We will respond to requests within a reasonable timeframe. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, contractual statute of limitations, resolution of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements. Please note that we may not be able to delete all of your data upon request depending on the reasons above and the nature of your interactions.
- From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or other promotions on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or promotions is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal data you provide through a contest, sweepstakes, survey and/or promotion with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- Gift Card Recipients.Your gift card recipient may contact us via our contact us page to request an update, correction or deletion of their personal information. Again, for various reasons stated above, we may not be able to delete information upon request.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Security. We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. We implement appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your data. For example, electronic records are stored in secure, limited-access servers; electronic data is stored behind secured encryption access; we use technological tools like firewalls and passwords; and we ensure our employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, however, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
SSL Technology. Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Lawful Bases for Processing. We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful bases to do so. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given it), contractual necessity (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver Services you have requested)), and legitimate interests. Where we process data based on consent, we will ask for your explicit affirmative consent. We will rely on legitimate interests as a basis for data processing only where the processing of your data is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
At any time, you can withdraw consent you have provided by managing your Dashboard or by contacting us as set forth below, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal. Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.