In my experience, here is what I suggest people should work work towards in achieving optimal health.
Of course some of these things may seem odd to some people but this is a summary that is written with most people in mind and of course there are always special exceptions for certain people. As always, any changes in lifestyle (especially diet) should alway be gradual and you should always monitor your health and its responses along the way. Do not force anything.
- Emphasise a diet of whole foods
- Avoid processed foods
- Emphasise fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet
- Emphasise organic produce in your diet
- Avoid deep fried foods and cooked oils in general
- Emphasise raw or living food in your diet
- Include fermented foods in your diet (e.g. make your own sauerkraut or kimchi)
- Include super-foods in your diet (e.g. acai, raw cacao, bee pollen etc)
- Remove or reduce animal products from your diet
- Emphasise (but not obligatory) on vegan or vegetarian (subject to individual responses
- Include healthy fats in the diet such as those from chia seeds, hemp seeds, and good virgin coconut oil and some uncooked virgin olive oil
- Include good quality salt in your diet (e.g. himalayan)
- Observe some food combining rules – e.g. try not to mix high protein and high carbohydrate foods in the same meal
- Eat less calories in general (especially from high protein foods) (subject to still feeling good)
- Reduce stress in your life and approach stressful things in a relaxed way
- Exercise in a relaxing way
- Move your body, especially with relaxing natural movement that includes moving your spine (please see the attach links)
- Breathe abdominally in everyday life but don’t over-breathe
- Chew your food more (bread should be chewed about 70 times ideally
- Get 7 – 9 hours of good quality sleep every night ideally at the same times
- Avoid (or at least limit) bread (especially processed bread), rice and other grains too if possible
- Avoid milk if possible (although if straight from a cow it may be less problematic for some people)
You may be interested in my Diet and Nutrition lecture here.
We couldn’t resist this delicious recipe from one green planet. Raw Zucchini Rolls With Sunflower Seed Pâté and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free] Photo above.
Share this Post