a BACK PAIN
BACK PAIN RELIEF WORKSHOP
RECORDED LIVE ONLINE WITH
picture by Alessandro Sigismondi
Learn Yoga Courses Online
Yoga Synergy’s online courses attract students from all over the world interested in the pursuit of knowledge. Our three courses are a fantastic opportunity to learn from acclaimed experienced teachers and physiotherapists, Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss.
Each course consists of 20 hours of video lecture material, discussion post learning forum, study guides plus online exams. Each course takes a minimum of 24 hours to complete however they can take as much as 120 hours if you wish to complete all the study guide material and immerse yourself in the subject.
If you’re interested in joining the Yoga Synergy Teacher Training, these courses are part of the training, so whatever you spend on the online course (Yoga Fundamentals or Anatomy) can be credited towards your teacher training. If you’re already teaching, they can count towards Continuing Education Points (CEP) with Yoga Alliance (24 points per course) and Yoga Australia (12 points per course), more information below.
If you don’t need CEP points, and are interested in learning more for your own interest, you might wish to purchase the lectures to keep forever (AUD$260) click here. When you’re enrolled in an online course, you can also purchase the course to keep forever at a discount price of AUD$57.
Read on to see which course suits you best and deepen your yoga practice and knowledge today. Study your first course with us and get discounts on further courses
BACK PAIN RELIEF WORKSHOP + DOWNLOADABLE GUIDE
RECORDED LIVE ONLINE WITH SIMON BORG-OLIVIER
2 hours | $49 for streaming access
Join Simon for this popular workshop where you will learn the most common causes of back pain and how to manage it through intelligently applied exercise-based physiotherapy founded on the techniques of traditional hatha yoga. Included - Downloadable Guide to Back Pain Relief written by Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss.
This course is for…
- People who are prone to have lower back pain
- People with sedentary lifestyle
- People who do manual labour
- People who do a lot of lifting
- Yoga Teachers, Personal Trainers or any teacher of physical exercise
What you will learn….
- How to release and strengthen the back safely & intelligently
- How to train your joints & muscles through the full range of motion
to develop a strong, mobile & pain-free back
- How to move from your core for option strength, energy & internal health
- How to safely develop hip flexibility for the relief of lower back pain
- How to modify your postures and movements in cases of severe back pain
- How to do relaxation exercises to relieve lower back pain
Structure of the Workshop
- Short introduction on the most common causes of back pain
- Simple methods of posture, movement and breathing that can relieve back pain
- Safe, accessible and effective posture, movement and breathing sequence practice for back health
BACK PAIN RELIEF
In this FREE Guide you'll learn:
- How to stretch and strengthen safely to relieve your back pain
- The best Yogic stretches for low-back pain
- A simple series of active and spinal stretches
- Seated Twisting Exercises
- Modifications for severe back pain
- Relaxation Exercises for soothing
"Intelligently applied exercise-based physiotherapy founded on the techniques of traditional hatha yoga can, in most cases, be of assistance in managing and improving back pain"
About the Teacher
Hi, I'm Simon Borg-Olivier, Physiotherapist and Co-Director of Yoga Synergy.
I have been a student of traditional forms of posture, movement, breathing and mental control for more than 50 years. I have worked as a research-based scientist, exercise-based physiotherapist and a university lecturer in several science fields.
My passion for these subjects has led me to understand that the world is a very connected place.
I believe that to make the world a better place people should treat each other, all life and the Earth itself in a way that acknowledges the connections between everything. I believe the best way of beginning this practise is to acknowledge and enhance the connections within yourself.
I hope you enjoy this Online Workshop.
Read more about Simon
I give thanks for my traditional teachers from Tibet, Japan India, and China and my amazing teachers from the Western scientific world.
with Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss
Yoga Synergy usually runs many workshops around the world.
Due to the current circumstances Simon and Bianca are planning to run more online workshops.
We would greatly appreciate your feedback to know what kinds of Online Workshops you are interested in.
Register your interest below and we'll keep in touch about our upcoming workshops covering:
Ashtanga Vinyasa, Therapy, Flow, Breath Control, Meditation and more.