Breath Control: Pranayama Workshop
Join Simon for this Online Workshop where you will learn four (4) breathing exercises to energise and revitalise you physically, mentally and emotionally.
Doing these exercises will generally:
- Reduce your appetite
- Help you feel calm, focused, warm, and energised
- Improve mental clarity and internal energy
- Reduce cravings for cigarettes
- Experience a profound sense of inner peace and relaxation.
DEDICATE 2 HOURS TO CONNECT WITH YOURSELF
Time to connect inwards, time to return to your body and breath. This workshop is suitable for all levels of yoga practitioners, and it is perfect for teachers. It is a 2.5 hour recorded Zoom class with Simon.
Share this Product
Learning how to breathe less than normal allows the buildup of carbonic acid, which:
(1) calms the nervous system,
(2) improves oxygen & blood flow to the brain, &
(3) gives many of the benefits of a high-protein diet, such pain free mobile joints, without the disadvantages of having to eat so much.
Learn how to avoid common breathing problems like locking your core, inhibiting your diaphragm, and stressful over-breathing (hyperventilation) which can reduce the flow of oxygen to your brain and your cells. Avoid overstimulating your sympathetic nervous system (the flight, fight and fear response’).
Learn how to increase your energy levels, optimise the function of your internal organs, bring your subconscious out of a state of anxiety and fear.
In the class, I will clearly explain:
- How to clean your lungs but increase carbon dioxide in your body and why this is important
- How to use your diaphragm more effectively and why this is important
Increasing carbon dioxide in your body with these exercises will:
- Bring more blood to your brain and heart by expanding your blood vessels (vasodilation)
- Allow more oxygen to enter your body via your lungs by expanding your bronchial tubes (bronchodilation)Increase oxygen uptake into your cells, which can increase your energy levels by 18 times
- Calm your nervous system Increase your digestion of food, absorption of nutrients, and the elimination of wastes and toxins
Enhancing the activity of your diaphragm may help to:
- Relieve lower back pain
- Increase the flexibility of your spine
- Improve the power of your trunk
- Improve the health of your digestive system
- Improve the health of your immune system
- Help to reduce anxiety and stress by allowing you to more easily access a dominance of your parasympathetic nervous system (your ‘rest, relaxation, rejuvenation and regeneration response’)”
If you are a smoker, these exercises can help you easily quit smoking as they have the same calming effect as cigarettes.
Pic by Malwina Ostrowska
About the Teacher
Hi, I’m Simon Borg-Olivier, Physiotherapist and Co-Director of Yoga Synergy.
I have been a student of traditional forms of posture, movement, breathing and mental control for more than 50 years. I have worked as a research-based scientist, exercise-based physiotherapist and a university lecturer in several science fields. My passion for these subjects has led me to understand that the world is a very connected place.
I believe that to make the world a better place people should treat each other, all life and the Earth itself in a way that acknowledges the connections between everything. I believe the best way of beginning this practise is to acknowledge and enhance the connections within yourself.
I hope you enjoy this Online Workshop.
Read more about Simon
You may also like…
Online Yoga PassFrom: AUD$15.00 / week Select options